World Health Organization had declared Swine Flu as a pandemic disease in June. Pandemic is an epidemic that is geographically widespread; occurring throughout a region or even throughout the world.
And being air-borne, the risk of spread of Swine Flu has increased very much.
Here are a few tips and precautions given by WHO to keep yourself and others safe from Swine Flu H1N1 virus –
- Cover your nose and mouth with disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Dispose off used tissues properly immediately after use.
- Regularly wash hands with soap and water.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, seek medical advice immediately.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, keep a distance of at least 1 meter from other people.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, stay home from work, school or crowded places.
- Avoid hugging, kissing and shaking hands when greeting.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
These were the instructions given by WHO, but you can be more safer by usage of face masks, and gloves while touching any ill patient or any unhealthy places. Face masks are available in pharmacies generally, but if out of stock, you should visit any surgical instruments store to find it. Don’t worry about fashion when its matter of health. Wear face masks in any public places where there is excess crowd.
If you are ill, may that be flu-like or not, just try to stay isolated and avoid contact with other people. And contact your doctor and any authorized swine flu treatment hospital as soon as possible.
Also, when you visit any hospital to get tested for swine flu, use mouth mask and gloves and don’t touch any surfaces. Ensure that you are being tested with a new syringe.
More tips will be shared soon.
can pregnant ladies take this homeopathy precaution for swine flu
Dental Care says
This post is information for dental patient
its a informational post…
Manoj kaushik says
Pls tell me about the feature of swine flu, and who are we protect from this
Manoj kaushik says