Denture pain needs to be treated and cannot be overlooked. There are many factors leading to pain in dentures. Here is a look into what these might be:
* Denture pain is caused by sensitive teeth. Teeth sensitivity can happen because of intake of hot and cold items, which result in wearing of the protective teeth enamel.
* Tooth decay cause by build up of plaque, irregular brushing and no flossing results in pain.
* Eating foods that are sugary and snacking causes teeth to wear out and makes then susceptible to dental carries and pain.
* Teeth can become fractured as a result of an accident or injury and broken or chipped off teeth can be very sensitive.
* Gingivitis or gum disease can affect teeth and cause teeth pain.
* Painful dentures can also result due to problem other than bad gum and teeth. It can be because of ear infection, sinus and even heart disease.
* Sometime even treatment given to patient as part of dental care can have side effect and cause painful dentures. Such discomfort should be immediately notified to the dentist.
Denture pain can be prevented by taking proper care of teeth. Here are steps for proper dental care:
* Brush twice a day and floss once a day.
* Do not eat foods rich in carbohydrate, starch and sugar to often. Rinse mouth after every meal.
* Snacking on food is seen as a major cause for too decay.
* Have healthy eating habit. You need to follow a diet that’s mix of carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals.
* Avoid having too hot and too cold food item and that too within short frequencies as this will chip of teeth enamel and make teeth sensitive and prone to tooth decay.
* Using a fluoride toothpaste or mouthwash helps to protect teeth surface. Often dentists are seen to be using fluoride solutions on routine teeth check ups.
* Change your brush and use good mouthwashes that stop bacteria growth in the mouth.
It’s the absence of proper brushing, flossing and irregular eating habit that is seen mostly as the root of teeth problems. Bad dentures and denture pain can be avoided by good oral hygiene.