Our teeth are victims to several infections caused by bacteria found in different food stuffs. Various types of protections have been offered to these tooth infecting material among them use of plaque disclosing solution.
Plaque disclosing solution is a liquid or tablet like substance used in the removal of solid, liquid food particles and bacterial generally called dental plaque on the surface of the teeth, on gums and between or under the tooth.
Why to use the plaque disclosing solution?
- An invention made to aid in plaque identification.
- Has the capability to penetrate the hard plaque deposits and wiping them away leaving the tooth clean and healthy.
- It serves as a preventive and disclosing solution to tooth infectious materials.
- Easy and convenient to apply to all affected areas since it has the capability to flow and cover the inner and outer surfaces of the tooth without causing any serious damage or pain to the affected tooth.
Types of plaque disclosing solution
There are various types of plaque disclosing solutions in our market today. They aid in removing of unwanted stains on our teeth and gums. These include:
- Disclosing tablet – this is chewed allowing it to mix with saliva in the mouth leaving the teeth very clean.
- Disclosing swabs – this is applied manually to the whole surface of the affected teeth.
- Disclosing solution – its put and swished in the mouth for sometime then removed.
Preparation of plaque disclosing solution
You need ether disclosing solution, disclosing swabs, disclosing tablet before you get stated. You also need a specific mirror specifically the dental mirror for checking and revealing affected areas in your mouth.
How to use plaque disclosing solution
Users are advised to read the user directives on the packages of the type of solution they are using.
Steps in using Plaque disclosing solution:
Brush and swap your mouth with clean water. Apply the plaque disclosing solution to the surface of the tooth. Brush to remove the spotted marks. You can identify the affected parts using the dental mirror. Incase of tablet disclosing solution, drop it in your mouth and chew till it forms a swift mixture with the saliva. Allow the solution to move in all corners of the mouth for about 20-25 seconds. Remove the solution from you mouth by spitting and rinse the mouth with clean water. Use the dental mirror to check the affected areas shown through various makings. Ensure that the hard to reach parts of the teeth, underneath and between the teeth are cleaned.
To ensure that all the plaque affected areas are removed, repeat the same cleaning processes with the plaque disclosing solution regularly.
There are various types of plaque disclosing solution on the market. Two-tone solution is the solution mainly used to identify existing and upcoming infected parts. It is packed in a squeezable bottle to enhance easy and faster application to all parts of the teeth. Its quick fading characteristic allows the use of very little water to rinse the mouth and also allowing the person to easily identify areas that need more attendance.
The solution has the capability to distinguish between the new and old infections by coating the old infections with red color and new infections with blue color hence one can easily know how to curb more infections. The solution can be obtained from local pharmacy shops at affordable price.