The notification for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination (NEET) has been released, and the exam is going to be conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for the academic year of 2013. As per the notification released by AIIMS, the examination will be held on 13th January 2013. The application forms for the examination would be available from November 14th. 2012. The last date of submission of the application form would be 10th December 2012 at 5 p.m. and the forms can be downloaded from the website of AIIMS.
Eligibility Criteria for the NEET 2013 Examination
Only Indian nationals possessing BDS degree from a recognized dental college or a foreign degree included in the schedules of the Indian Dental Council Act, and along with that, a full registration either from the DCI after the compulsory rotating internship is completed. The registration should be completed on or before 31st March, 2013.
The cost of application-cum-examination fee is Rs. 1000 (Rs. 800 for SC/ST candidates)
A candidate can submit application only through the Online mode, and the admission notice is available at www.aiims.edu
NEET Exam Pattern
- The examination is being conducted by AIIMS, and here are the details –
- Maximum Marks – 200
- Time of the Examination – 3 hours
- No negative marking
- Examination Centers – The centers are not yet announced, but the cities where the exams would be conducted include – Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Guwahati
Percentile for allotment of seats
- General Students: 50 Percentile
- Backward Casts- SC/ST – 40 Percentile
- Locomotory Disability of Lower Limbs: 45 Percentile