There are several reasons why people generally visit a dentist, but the most common are like cleaning or scaling of teeth, extraction of decayed tooth etc.
Here i am listing out some things why someone would opt to go for a dentist’s clinic:
- 1. When there is a toothache, probably due to decay of the tooth or bleeding of the gums.
- 2. Scaling of any bad looking teeth. Probably occurs when there is excessive intake of tobacco like things which adhere to the tooth surface and lead to decaying.
- 3. Checking of cavities – To check any cavities in the teeth, which generally can be found out by the dentist rather than the patient checking themselves.
- 4. To get a tooth knocked out – Generally to replace a decayed tooth or to just extract a tooth temporarily.
- 5. To have Root Canal Treatment done – This is done when the pulp cavity gets damaged, and the contents are removed and inert materials are placed there, and the cavity is sealed and covered with a crown.
- 6. General oral check up – No reason for this!
- 7. When there is a sensitivity and yellowing of the tooth – this happens when any hard or abrasing material is chewed and it causes to remove the top enamel layer of the tooth, and the dentin(yellow) is exposed off. It has dentinal tubules which get sensitivity when touched.
- 8. Fluoride Treatments – To prevent cavities and to maintain general oral hygiene.
- 9. When a tooth is chipped off, broken during accident, knocked out, patient in any case would have to go to the dental clinic for the repairment.
- 10. Bleeding gums disease called as Gingivitis, one of the most common disease occuring in the mouth around the whole world.
There might be few other reasons, but i could share by myself these reasons.
Please comment if you feel there are more reasons for a patient to visit a dentist.