Chewing gum is the common habit of many people nowadays. According to the latest reports there are 100,000 tons of chewing gums used per year. Many people use chewing gum as a habit but they don’t know the real benefits of chewing gums. Here we will discuss some of the advantages of chewing gums on teeth health. Latest laboratory reports show positive effect of chewing gum on dental hygiene.
Benefits of chewing gum:
- Consuming chewing gums after meals helps in producing saliva and increases its flow in the mouth. The saliva produced neutralizes the acids and thus helps in preventing bad breath and dental decay. Saliva contains minerals like phosphate, calcium and fluoride that help in strengthening the tooth enamel. Teeth are the most vulnerable part which gets affected after every snack and meal. So chewing gum is the suitable medicine to remove the acids.
- It helps in relieving pressure in ears by improving jaw movement.
- According to the 90 percent dentists’ chewing sugarless gum is good for health after meals. Even though it is difficult to find out sugarless gum but it is not impossible. Wrigley’s orbit gum is found to be the first sugar free gum which is approved by British Dental Association.
- Chewing gums also contain sweeteners that help in preventing cavity formation in the mouth. Xylitol is the natural sweetener that can be found in vegetables and fruits. It is like a sugar but does not have any side effects. Xylitol is the natural enemy of plaque that effectively protects the teeth from further decaying from the bacterial activity.
- Chewing gum also helps in reducing the body that makes you look smarter. It helps in exercising the facial muscles and gives more chiseled look. Chewing gum is the one that helps in developing the jaw muscles.
- Make you eat less food: It reduces the hunger pangs and thus make you eat less than before.
- Sugar free chewing gums make you less craving for sweet items. Normally a sugar free gum contains less sugar and thus burns more calories.
- Helps to focus and concentrate: you might have seen some people eating chewing gum while doing some important. This is mainly because it increases the work concentration and makes you feel less bored. It makes you focus on the work and completes the work as soon as possible.
- It is reported that if you chew a gum for one hour it will burn 11 calories.
- Good for mouth: If you are looking to increase the oral health then you are recommended to eat sugar free chewing gum. It keeps you teeth and tongue clean and gives natural look. It cleans the mouth with the help of saliva generated. Mint chewing gums are generally recommended to keep mouth fresh all the time.
- Helps in reducing the stress: When you are under stress have a chewing gum and change the hormonal activities in your body. It reduces the overall nervous tension. So start chewing gum and reduce the tension.
Leave a Reply